CBD Chai Tea Recipe – Made from Scratch
Besides using CBD tinctures or softgels, one of the easiest ways to incorporate CBD into your routine is through beverages. Yet, since most CBD tinctures are oil based, you need to blend them into the drink or otherwise they’ll float on top. This CBD chai tea recipe is a perfect drink for combining the warm soothing effects of a good chai tea and the relaxing effects of CBD.
Now, you could easily use a premade chai tea and blend it with milk and CBD. This recipe, however, requires you to make your chai from scratch. While it may be a little more effort, the rewards are more than worth the work.
This recipe was inspired by Autoimmune Wellness’s Creamy Coconut Chai but with less coconut milk, more water, and a little more zing from an extra tea bag. I found the original recipe to be delicious but far to rich for my liking.
CBD CHAI TEA RECIPE
- 1-3 mL 500 mg CBD Tincture
- 2 bags black tea
- 10 whole cloves
- 1.5 cup filtered water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Two sauce pans
- Mesh strainer
- Immersion blender / or whisk and strong forearms
- Pour water into a saucepan with tea bags and cloves. Bring to a boil on the stove top and then remove from heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- In the second saucepan, place the coconut milk, cinnamon, maple syrup, ginger, vanilla, and sea salt. Heat gently and use an immersion blender or whisk to mix completely.
- After tea has steeped for 10 minutes, remove the tea bags and pour the tea through a strainer (to catch the cloves) into the second sauce pan.
- Stir again and heat thoroughly until warm.
- Remove from heat and then add your desired amount of CBD tincture. Blend again.
- Find a relaxing place to sip and enjoy.